New Zealand is undeniably a pure holiday haven especially during summer when the calendar gets clogged up with tons of festivals. You are sure to find an event that catches your fancy. Also, you might be planning a summer outing with family and friends and might most likely want to make use of a caravan, there are a whole lot to choose from.
In New Zealand, summer runs from November till February which means most of the top summer festivals run during the Christmas and New Year season. Which essentially means double the fun right? Yeah of course!! Here are some ‘must visit’ festivals this summer that are Caravan friendly as well.
- Katikati Avocado Food & Wine Festival:This particular food and wine festival is always nothing short of a wonderful way to see out a summer afternoon if you are a sucker for live music along with savouring delicious food and fine wine. It’s a festival you simply cannot miss. The gates are usually open at 11am on the scheduled day and the gate fee is usually quite affordable, not more than $25 bucks. Also, the show ends at 6pm so that's enough fun time. If you’ve got a caravan or motorhome, there is provision for it to be parked at a designated location within the premises and parking is absolutely free.
- Sound splash Festival: When you put together, good music, happy hippies and groovy vibes, you get the Sound Splash Festival. The Sound splash festival is a three day festival cut out for all age groups, held in Wainui Reserve, Raglan in New Zealand. It has 3 different music stages, workshops to participate in, food, drinks, clothing stalls and four different camping areas. Moving around the venue is quite easy as shuttle buses are made available. Can you bring your caravan over? Yes!! But you will be required to buy a camping pass and camper vehicle pass and camper vehicle pass holders must arrive as early as 8am. Sound splash 2018 runs Friday January 19th to Sunday January 21st.
- Marlborough Food and Wine Festival:Here is New Zealand’s original as well as longest serving wine festival held in a world class region renowned for wine production. As an attendee, you get the opportunity to taste/sample an incredible range of world class wines and delicious local cuisine. The festival is held in the heart of one of Marlborough’s oldest exquisite vineyards with beautiful surrounds. Caravans are also allowed by the organisers thanks to the motorhome association. If you do not have one, you can rent one for yourself and your peeps.
- The Caroline Bay Rock and Hop:If you are an automobile enthusiast then this festival is a perfect fit for you. From the 16th till the 18th of March 2018, cars of all sorts including bikes and Caravans from every nook and cranny of New Zealand will converge at Timaru for a weekend of funfair, roaring engine sounds, street cruise, nostalgia and festivities. So yes, this is another caravan friendly festival you don't want to miss.
- The Gibston Food and Wine Festival: Located in the stunning Queenstown Gardens once a year the wine makers of the region join together to showcase their stunning wines and delicious foods in the area. This year it's held on March 18th. Live music and a garden setting make this a fabulous family event.
What are you're must visit Festivals or events in New Zealand? Let us know if we've missed your favourites over on facebook.
Cover Image Source: https://www.ultimatequeenstown.com/about/events/archive/2017/gibbston-wine-and-food-festival.13/